CURM Fifth Meeting, 9/30/2008
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Last time: we had a look at basic regression, and how it works. We also talked about some of the usual transformations, which are based on our understanding of the "function zoo".
- What issues have arisen so far for you? Anything worth mentioning now?
- Any progress on the most recent Problem of the Week?
- Today we will examine an example of how to do non-linear regression. Then we'll apply the techniques described in there to the same data set we used last week for our linear (and transformed linear) regression exercise, from the QELP website
- Our sample data set focuses on the question How do linear dimensions of an animal correlate with mass?
- Results of running the regression
- Here's a new Problem of the Week! Let's spend a little time with it....