Great Graphic Illustrations
From "Mathematics for Human Survival", by Patricia Clark Kenschaft, Whittier Publications, Inc., Island Park, NY.
Pat has accumulated some great graphics, and I highlight a few of them here:
- Farmers' Declining Share of the Food Dollar
- Florence Nightingale's Area Plot from the Crimean War
- The Growing C.E.O.-Worker Pay Gap
- Ten Musical Chairs: wealth inequality in the U.S.
- Top Ten Energy Consumers, and their relative use
- Dangers to our natural resources
- Fat and Your Risk of Colon Cancer
- Tax Rates Over Time in the US
Here's one from our agricultural extension office in Campbell County, KY. I've found that farmers are great consumers of solid graphical information:
These cartograms are fantastic for adjusting areal quantities for population: