The Golden Rectangle
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The golden rectangle
has side lengths in the ratio
Which of the following rectangles is the closest to golden?
- A 3x5 card
- an 8.5x11 sheet of paper
- an 11x14 sheet of paper
- A piece of 8'x4' plywood
- More golden rectangle "applications"
- Fechner's experiments with the golden rectangle
- The golden ratio and aesthetics, by Mario Livio: "In spite of the Golden Ratio's truly amazing mathematical properties, and its propensity to pop up where least expected in natural phenomena, I believe that we should abandon its application as some sort of universal standard for "beauty," either in the human face or in the arts."
- An internet beauty contest of rectangles:
- the Museum of Harmony and Golden Section
- Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Section
- The Cult of the Golden Ratio
- The Myth of the Golden Ratio